Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Foray into Film: Homeschool Coop

     I've been experimenting with a cheap used film camera I bought online.  I wanted to take it on as a discipline.  Film doesn't allow me to work a picture by taking several shots at a time.  It forces me to pause and think and frame.  I hope I can incorporate that type of behavior with my digital.  If anything, that alone will save me badly needed storage space and inspire more thoughtful photography.  I started this experiment by taking pictures of the children at the coop I teach at every Wednesday.  A bunch of other wonderful moms and I share the teaching load of extra curricular subjects.  The moms get  help while the children get to understand the dynamics of a classroom environment and profit from a multi-aged peer group.  It's not a rare thing to see little newborns or babies sitting next to mom while she teaches.  We mothers also get to decide the curriculum and manage the school.  It works on so many levels. 









No comments:

Post a Comment