Friday, March 9, 2012

Disneyland and All Its Charms

     We visited Disneyland the other day for my eldest daughter's birthday.  My parents are lifelong Disney Castmembers, so we didn't pay one cent to enter.  Thanks Pa and Mom!  E was so happy she couldn't believe it.  She started off rather shy from any of my efforts to document her.  The second born is not as self-conscious about such things and was radiating joy from her excitement. 

 

The smallest one was wary of everything at first.  It was his first time at Disneyland and he had never seen so much stimulation and people all in one place.  He just clung to Daddy as he sat in his baby carrier.

Being the family photographer, I never get to be in the pics.  But these peeps do not need me to look cute and adorable, even the hubby.

We had not been to the newly renovated Tom Sawyer Island, now known as some sort of Pirates of the Caribbean getaway.

 There were lots of bridges

and fun caves,



It was SuperTuesday that day so the saloon show at the Golden Horseshoe was about a man running for mayor who also was trying to get his manly looking daughter hitched to the blindfolded men from the audience.  I think I cried from laughter through the whole thing. 

It was the baby's first time at Disneyland, so of course I had to get the touristy picture in front of the Disney Castle.  As you can tell from the pic, he really didn't seem to care.  

He got tired of being carried in the carrier and the stroller, so he decided to take matters into his own hands and explore the world himself.  We went to the CA Grand Hotel where we would meet my parents for E's birthday lunch.  

And yes, the truth is, even though babies/toddlers are utterly adorable, they have a greater likeness to zombies than most would care to admit.  Hence, I hereby submit my evidence:  

The CA Grand Hotel is a work of art.  From light fixtures to wooden ceiling beams, no detail was overlooked or spared.  I love Craftsman style homes, so this place just blew me away.  


And yes my sweetest, dearest husband, you may take me here for a getaway weekend.  I will definitely show you my appreciation.  

Last but not least is the birthday celebrant.  The hotel restaurant gave her a cute little cupcake (among other tasty and sundry things).  

She was overcome with the giggles and did her little girl coy laugh.  

Happy Birthday, Sweet E!  

No comments:

Post a Comment