Tuesday, March 27, 2012

In Praise of My Father, an Architect

     Maybe my eye for things came from my father. He graduated with a degree in architecture and had worked in that field until we moved to the United States when I was six. After we moved here, he did a little bit of drafting work for UCLA and ABC TV studios but spent the rest of his career as a facilities manager. Thereafter, architecture was an occasional hobby or favor he would do for friends. I loved watching him work on his drafting table at night. He not only designed buildings but did sketches of nature and people to adorn his buildings. He definitely had done enough studies of people and trees to render decent work. He recently told me he once dabbled in photography as a young adult in college. He and his friend would use their Leica and Hasselblad cameras to capture mostly pictures of people and perhaps nature and buildings too. He still has the canvas portraits he took of my mom and brother.  
    So in honor of him and of course my loving mother, who together conceived, bore, and raised me, I present these pictures of a building and its campus.  It will be the first part in a series of studying the church in which I worship and also live. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment