Thursday, March 22, 2012

More Diamonds in the Rough

      Sometimes I am surprised by how much nature there is around me.  I live by 4 gas stations, even more liquor stores, and plenty of traffic.  But somehow nature and all its wonders are not intimidated by the presence of Man and His not-so-pretty fabrications.  I do at times long to be elsewhere, far from the hustle and bustle and drama of loud neighbors, police sirens, stumbling drunks, gas smells.

     I comfort myself with thoughts of God's sovereignty and nature's audaciousness as I find in the Hopkin's poem, "God's Grandeur":  "Yet for all this nature is never spent;/  There lives the dearest freshness deep down things./  And though the last lights off the black West went,/ O, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs,/ because the Holy Ghost over the bent world broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings."  God still overcomes all of man's meddling with His wondrous other creation.  It continues to grow and thrive because He lives.  Amen. 











No comments:

Post a Comment