Sunday, August 21, 2011

Books, books, books

     I decided to focus on the books we have around the house.  It was a trip trying to figure out a dynamic way to present something that is immobile.  Does that make sense?


The baby has his stash of board books.....




These are the books on my hubby's night stand.   The  ironic thing is that the only one he's really reading is the Narnia book.  He's going through it with the girls.




These are the ones on my night stand.  I occasionally read the "Album,"  a compilation of Spanish essays.  I love revisiting Pride and Prejudice when I'm in the mood.  I've read that book enough times to remember every scene I chance upon.  

1 comment:

  1. If I were great at photography, I would push the focal point of the subject matter. I think it's referred to as depth of field in photography. I could be wrong. However, when I googled that term, I got images that convey what I'm thinking. I think you can zoom in tight with a tripod from a further distance away, which causes the strong focal point to be emphasized. Also color theory is important in painting. A green pear sitting in front of a red table cloth is naturally vibrant because the colors are complementary. The same tan color will look differently next to an orange vs. a yellow.

    ReplyDelete