Sunday, November 4, 2012

Over the River and Through the Woods

We hit the road the other day to see some church friends.


The baby toddler brought his favorite animals.  

Every now and then I catch glimpses of his former life as a baby--his plump cheeks, his over-sized head, the remains of a double chin...

But the tell-tale scars on his face remind me once again that I've got a little boy now who loves to explore.


 I often look pass the neat little shadows that prance in the car as the sunlight strikes.







The movement of light and shadow can be hypnotizing.




True to form, the toddler found a way to annoy his sisters.



Which I suppose would be normal, considering we ran into traffic and there was nothing better to do.







Our connecting freeway was cut off by the police, so we went on all sorts of detours.







I had nothing better to do.



Finally, we made it to our destination and it felt like we had reached the Promise Land.  

Hard journey.

Lovely destination.

2 comments:

  1. I love how the toddler can equally annoy both sisters from the center position. You find beauty in the most unusual places, Leah. Never did being stuck in traffic look so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sally! I appreciate all of your encouragement. It means a lot to me that you believe in my work! Hugs and hugs again.

      Delete