Saturday, January 14, 2012

Nature Hike: Etiwanda Falls for the 4th Time?

     About a week ago, we attacked Etiwanda Falls for the 4th time with an old junior/senior high school friend of mine.  Can you believe I've known her over 20 years?  Yes, I know.  That certainly dates me.

The girls with their new friends.

Starting up the 1.5 miles uphill...

S and I are dragging woefully behind.  Well, there was a 25 pound monkey on my back.

Aaaahhh, the refreshing rushing stream!

E wasn't too afraid of being atop the falls.

A lookout break before the descent.

One last break before we hit the end of the trail.

Adversity does bind people together, for by the end of the journey, the children were all holding hands.

The baby was so thirsty.  He had been too distracted from finishing his bottle during the hike but made up for it in no time at the end.  Thanks Auntie J for giving him a little love.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment